It is that time of the year where you have to sit back and relax.So drop your guard and make some space for the hygge season.I have been craving all sort of food and drinks lately but my favourite of all is that chai latte.
I am sure some of you knows exactly what I am talking about right? and if some of you doesn’t known yet ,keep scrolling you about to find out.Chai latte, hot chocolate and all these syrup latte come at a cost anywhere you go so don’t go to the coffee shop for a latte instead make one.
Chai Latte is an actual authentic popular Indian hot beverage ,compare to Starbucks or Costa coffee shop the real chai latte doesn’t come as a syrup but only ground spices ,a mix of ginger, cloves,cinnamon,black pepper star anise…Drop few black tea bags as Assam or Darjeeling add some milk and there you have it.Chai latte ready in less than 8 minutes ! No need to spend £4 for a regular size of chai latte ,So what you said? humm ! Cup of chai latte coming right up!
Here is my recipe:
- 1/3 of black pepper
- Liquorice ( if some of you love it)
- Vanilla pod
- 2 Black tea
- 2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Agave syrup or honey
I used ground spices as below please feel free to decrease the ginger or black pepper as we all know they are quite strong taste.Also feel free to blend the mix spices if you want to and Store in an airtight plastic bag or glass jar.
- In a small saucepan, place water, tea bags, and 2 tablespoons chai spice mix. Bring to a boil; put the lid on, remove from heat, and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir. Strain in to a cup
- Bring to boil the milk and your favourite sweetener add a pinch of cinnamon ,stir well.
- Remove from the heat when the milk start to be frothy .Pour half of the milk to the tea
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top
Sit back and relax